Feels like forever since I've done one of these. It's long overdue, for sure. :)
1: Lots of updates to our new site! Judging by our traffic numbers it seems everyone (and then some!) has already seen our new site. Pretty awesome, right? We love it, and we're glad that you all do too. The feedback has been overwhelming awesome. We're glad you all were as excited as we were! Here's a look at what is new on the site this week:
- We have a new blog feature! The blog feature is similar to our current blogs (except merged together) and all our blog entries are already on there, and ready to go. We wanted an easier to read method, rather than our past articles feature, and we think we have found a great solution. In the future, all blog entries will only be posted on the new site, but for now, we'll be posting them in both spots (our blogspot blogs, and our new site).
- We are working on creating a blogroll! We're looking forward to having everyones blogs on our blog roll. Stay tuned for more information as we finish ironing out the details!
- You can now leave comments on our blog entries on the new site. All blogs, on the new site, now have a comment feature. Note that the name and email fields are optional so you can still remain anonymous when you comment if you choose to do so.
- My husband wrote a new post entitled Spanking Multiple Times Per Day. You can read it by clicking here.
2: We're working on some exciting features coming soon! Our site is constantly evolving. Here's a look at what is coming in the weeks and months to come:
3: An update on us: Honestly, I feel like so much has been going on lately between getting ready for the holidays, the new site, and more, that I never have time to write a "personal blog entry" anymore. Hopefully that changes soon. In the meantime, here's some quick updates on us. :)
- All comments that our previously on our blogs will be transferred over to the new blog ASAP. We're hoping to have that done this week, but with the volume of comments we have it takes some time.
- We're creating a new comment organization system that we are hoping to have done within the next week or two as well. This will allow you to sort comments by category.
- Our HOH Headquarters and The DD Wives Club will be launching this spring. We're excited about creating a special spot for both roles of the DD structure to be able to interact with each other, and to provide resources specifically for each role.
- A mobile version of both our Learning Domestic Discipline site, and our Learning Domestic Discipline blog site will be available within the next month.
- Our son turned 17 months old this past week! It's crazy how fast he is growing up. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing son. He's getting smarter by the day. He is learning numbers (and can count to 6) and new words each day. And, he still loves dancing. :)
- We finally had a date night! I think I've been asking Clint for one for like months now, but our schedule just never seemed to allow it. We were both really looking forward to it, and it was a lot of fun. We went out to dinner, and watched a movie (you know, the standard date night stuff) but it was much needed. It was great to take a break from all this site stuff for a night.
- My Christmas shopping is like, hmm....maybe 40% done? Yeah, I need to get on that. It's in the plan for this week.
4: An awesome new DD blog: Written by Heather (who, by the way, has an adorable Wordpress layout that I absolutely love), her DD blog is just starting out, but it's great so far. It's definitely worth adding to your blogroll, if you haven't already.
5: The Connecticut Tragedy: For the final link this week, I'm linking this well put together resource page for how you can help the victims of, honestly, one of the most horrific tragedies I've ever heard of- the shooting in Connecticut. Click here for a list of resources to help the victims.
As a mother, I cannot imagine what the parents of the victims are feeling, yet alone their families, friends, and all that loved them. This is one of the worst things I've ever heard, and our heart, thoughts, prayers, and hugs go out to the victims, their families, and everyone in Newtown, Connecticut who is struggling to comprehend one of the worst tragedies this country has ever seen. God Bless Sandy Hook Elementary, the families, the victims, and the first responders.
Also, on Tuesday December 18th, there will be a Blogger Day of Silence in remembrance for all the victims in the Sandy Hook tragedy. If you're interested in participating, you can find out more information by clicking here.