Sunday, August 5, 2012

5 Things!

This new blog series is called Five Things. A friend of mine (Kristen, you're awesome) gave me this idea after seeing it around some non-DD blogs, and so I modified it a little. It will go up every Sunday. Enjoy. :)



How it works is you pick 1 personal thing, 2 DD things, 1 DD blog entry of the week, and 1 website of the week (personal, or DD related) to write something short about. 

So, here we go for the first ever edition of Five Things! 

1: We took a mini-vacation! I have this thing about planning vacations. I don't know why. My husband and I have always loved traveling, and that hasn't stopped since our son has been born. This past week we took a very spur of the moment (I literally booked the hotel rooms that morning!) trip, and it was much needed. We had a blast shopping, swimming, eating at some amazing restaurants (pretty sure I had the best burger of my life!) and going to the park. It was much needed. But, like any vacation, when it ends it's hard to come back to reality. In fact, our suitcase still isn't unpacked. That's on today's agenda, hopefully. 

2: Maintenance spankings have apparently returned. Go ahead and imagine my excitement. Trust me, it isn't much. Just  when I thought my husband had thrown the idea of maintenance spankings back into the bin labeled "not for us"..they reemerged. I'm trying to look at the bright side (these should help me prevent punishment spankings, and therefore complete my 1 year challenge, right??) but it's still hard. I've went awhile now without getting spanked (5 weeks! Jackpot!) and the thought of maintenance spankings reemerging from the past just makes me cringe. But, hey, like I said, there is a bright side here. I just need to keep remembering that.

3: Implements. I've decided to do an "Implements Guide" post. It'll be the next one posted here (I think I scheduled it to go up on Tuesday? I can't remember). I've already got quite a few FAQ's for it, but if you have any more implement questions you'd like to see included, feel free to send them over. This post will hopefully help a lot of people. That's the goal, at least. :-)

4: "My Inspiration To Be A Better HoH". Alright, I swear I won't link my husbands blog every week (although that's tempting!) but I really did love this post that my husband put up this past week. It's beyond sweet, but more than that I think it really shows the emotions that men also face in a DD marriage. It's just very well written all together. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I truly loved it. :-) 

5: Dart It Up! This site is Pinterest for guys. Since the whole world is already aware of my Pinterest obsession (or, they should be by now!) it's no wonder why I think this site is a genius idea. Now I should just convince my husband about how much fun this site will be for him! 

Also: I would like to say Happy Birthday to my friend Christina who had a birthday this past week. Her husband wrote an adorable blog entry for her in honor of it. Happy Birthday Christina! 

Also, Happy Anniversary to Liz and her husband who celebrated their 26th wedding anniversary this past week. That is absolutely awesome. Happy Anniversary guys! 

15 comments:

  1. Hello Chelsea - so glad you had an awesome time on the spur of the moment vacation. I love this new addition to your blog. Thank you for remembering Mike and me on our 26th anniversary. We are looking forward to another 26 + :)
    Love, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I like this idea a lot. As far as implements especially. I'm searching for one that is somewhere in between leather paddle and wooden shower brush. If it's not the implement the only other thing I can think of is that MDK isn't doing it long enough....I am eager to read more.

    We just came back from vacation that was planned for months (and planning) so a spur of the moment sounds heavenly!

    I also will bounce over to Clint's blog and read his post. Have an awesome rest of the weekend.
    ~Addy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the idea. I put up a bunch of implements on the part 1 of the guide, so you might be able to find a good cross between the 2 on there. If not, let me know and I might be able to help.

      Hope you have a great weekend!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  3. Hi Chelsea - really like the "5 Things" idea and will look forward to it every week. Spontaneous vacations are something I think I'm going to start trying to do - sounds like so much fun. Thanks for the idea!

    Have to agree with you about Clints blog post - it was so sweet. As I commented to him, I think you two are a great example of a wonderful marriage - bringing out the best in each other.

    Have a great week, Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! You really should try the spontaneous vacation idea.

      Thank you so much for your kind comments. :)

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  4. I really like the whole "5 Things" post idea. I can't wait to read your impliment post on Thursday and I am greatly looking forward to it. I hope it has some "safe + common items" on it as Adam is always looking for something interesting.

    Vacation sounds fun! I hope you all have another one very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! Part 1 is up now, part 2 should be up soon. Hope you enjoy!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  5. This is an unique idea for a blog post - looking forward to seeing them on a weekly basis!

    Thank you for the public birthday wishes! That's so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! And, I'm glad you had a great birthday. You deserve it!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  6. I’ve been on Pinterest for a while now, and am really involved. But recently I’ve been rethinking it. A blogger was recently sued by a photographer for a huge amount of money when she used one of his pictures on her blog - even though she took it down immediately when he asked. Pinterest scares me a bit, because there’re so many pictures on there illegally.

    I don’t want to take all my boards down (I have invested so much time and have over 1000 followers!), but I’m getting worried about legal issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about that. Crazy. However, what I heard was that the problem was the photos were taken OFF Pinterest and placed onto the blogger's blog without a link-back to the original photographer (so it made it appear that the photos were that bloggers, and not the original photographers).

      Still, it's definitely something you have to be careful with. The thing about Pinterest is majority of the photos have a link back to the original source (by just clicking on the pin) which safe guards most of it, unless that person takes the photo off Pinterest and places it on their own site (which is what happened in the situation you were referring to) and in that case, Pinterest is no longer liable and it's a direct copyright violation between the 2 parties.

      Hopefully that makes sense.

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  7. Hey Ladies,

    My HOH has been putting me in diapers after reading Ava's blog. Has anyone else experienced this?

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,

      I responded to your other comments (on the post after this one) but to answer your question here- no, I haven't experienced this.

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  8. Chelsea I love this IDEA!!! I really enjoy reading them! Hope you are feeling well very soon!

    ReplyDelete