Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Lovely Blogger Award!

THANK YOU to everyone who nominated me for the Lovely Blogger award! I really appreciated it. :-)

When I first started my blog I never imagined that this would be a way to truly meet friends. However, in the almost year that my blog has been in existence I have made some great friendships, learned a lot, laughed a lot, and I have grown close to many of you. I greatly appreciate those who read my blog, whether you agree with me or not. The countless number of emails and comments I get saying how much people love my blog make all this worthwhile, and I'm truly grateful for the friendships I've made along the way.

So, with that being said- thank you everyone!

A few months back I was nominated for a different blog award but the "rules" were the same (list facts about yourself and nominate other blogs) so if you would like to read that post as well you can check it out here

Onto the rules: List 7 facts about yourself and nominate 7 other bloggers.

Seven Random Facts:

  1. I'm now officially the mom of a ONE year old! Our son turned 1 yesterday, and his birthday was perfect. I can't believe it's been an entire year already!
  2.  I just bought The Excellent Wife on my Kindle, and I can't wait to start reading it. I don't know what it is about books lately, but seriously ever since I bought my Kindle I've been buying like 3 a week. Needless to say, I have lots of reading to catch up on! :-)
  3. Speaking of books..I'm writing one! It should be released in the fall. Stay tuned. :-) 
  4. Without my iPhone I honestly don't know what I would do. I guess that's an addiction?
  5. I'm 1 week into my no spanking challenge! One down, 51 to go!
  6. My favorite food is Thai food, and my husband and I literally eat Thai food at least once everywhere we travel too. We also eat it several times a month locally- we are addicted!
  7.  I love taking pictures. I have over 4,000 on my iPhone right now just waiting to be sent to the computer and ordered into prints. I don't know where my giant photography interest came from all the sudden but I think it has something to do with having a baby. I just want to capture every moment of his life.
Seven Blog Nominees
Click on the name of the blog to open the blog in a new tab. These are in no particular order, by the way. 

Thank you all for reading, supporting, making me laugh, and becoming my support system and friends. 

-Chelsea

PS: In an upcoming entry I'm going to "interview" my husband for everyone! What questions would you like to see asked? :-) Email or leave it in the comments.

9 comments:

  1. "I just bought The Excellent Wife on my Kindle" what is this book about and who is it by, i googled it and got a few books with the same title! the name got my attention! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, I clicked on this to read your post and I am shocked to see my name here. Good grief. I was nominated and did a post last Saturday and I listed the LDD site as one of the blogs I admire. I did not notify your husband as I am not a memember and he does not know me. But, since it was my list I decided I could truely list the blogs I admire. SO, your blog goes hand in hand with the LDD blog. Your combined sites have made a difference in my life and the person that I am and want to be. Your have led me to blog and therefore gotten to know some people I would never know. For now in this comment then I am going to say this is such a blessing and I am asking that the blessing be returned to you ten fold. The bar is high that you and your husband set for a strong marriage and relationship. I will keep learning, following, and growing. This is quick and all for now, but THANK YOU--Such a surprise. Sincerely yours, SNP

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog Chelsea. Good luck on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea, thank you so much for listing my blog! That's awesome and I'm truly appreciative! I can't wait to see the book!

    Ask Clint what is his issue with talking on the phone? He doesn't have to be a "talk for hours" kinda of guy (my husband isn't one of those either), but why the preference to written word over the human voice, unless its talking to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks so much, Chelsea! I have always enjoyed your blog and am flattered to learn that you have read mine. :)

    Happy Birthday to your baby boy! If year 1 is all about the milestones, than I have to say that year 2 is all about that little personality really starting to shine through. Enjoy every second!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so honored to be mentioned here on your blog! You and your husband are the first blogs I read when my husband and I embarked on our DD journey and I can't thank the two of you enough for all that you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chelsea. I've been reading and enjoying your blog for several months now. I've never commented on your site before although I've probably tried Clint's patience a time or two on his :), anyway I wanted to wish you much luck on your year long challenge. I'm sure you can do it.

    Since you mentioned you're going to interview Clint for your next entry and are looking for questions, I have one I've wondered about a few times.The Learning DD blog gets so many questions and comments and Clint seems to have endless patience in answering them. I wonder if he ever privately just wants to rip his hair out in frustration (or has he lol).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive been addicted to reading lately as well, I blame it on my iPad, it so easy now that I don't even have to go to the store. However, it's been getting me into a little bit of trouble lately. Let me know if the excellent wife is worth reading, and I can't wait to hear more about your book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chelsea,
    First sorry for my English, I know, It's far from perfect...
    I like reading your blog and your husband blog's.
    I want that you ask your husband why his opinion dd made ​​your life so approved.
    I am quoting...
    "Our marriage is as strong as ever and the biggest reason for our happiness is the fact that we practice Domestic Discipline"
    Thank
    Orli

    ReplyDelete